Friday, December 21, 2012

Flipkart's replacement policy

After being hooked to buying books and electronic items from Amazon in US, i am fascinated by the service provided by Flipkart. An year and half back i had purchased HTC Wildfire phone for myself. The delivery was quick and phone has been running smoothly till now.

So when my wife's old Samsung dual sim phone died, i was on a lookout for a new phone for her. Samsung Y duos fitted the bill and its quality and performance has been vouched by one of my colleagues. So i again decided to buy it from Flipkart. They provided me one additional advantage over local store is their EMI facility (helped me when i am little cash strapped). Again the delivery was quick. But there was a bummer. The back panel didn't fit properly. So i called their customer support and informed them of this problem. The support guy initially tried to convince me that it is nothing and it can be easily fixed.

But the only problem is that i am a customer who has little low patience and has seen several ads on TV where flipkart has claimed that they will replace the faulty piece. So i simply asked him to replace it. Support person told me that tech support will call me in next 48 hours. I was expecting a ticket number and email from flipkart confirming my complain, but didn't get any.

So i called again and was informed that tech guys will reach out to me soon. But it didn't happen. I got busy with work at office and this problem kind of slipped my mind. After few days i saw one feedback email from flipkart regarding my recent purchase. Now i thought, "Wait a minute. They must be having enquiry form in the account page." So i filled out the form explaining the problem and what i want.

Within 2 hours some one from flipkart called me, heard my problem and said that a replacement will be sent soon. And true to their words, the replacement arrived at my door in 2 business days. The delivery guy took the old phone back and gave me new one. This one has no issues. So once more i am a happy flipkart customer. But this experience has taught me to file written complains, because what you tell over phone maynot be that effective.

No comments: