Saturday, November 26, 2022

Black Friday Sale in India

 In papers and online advertisements I saw several mentions of Black Friday Sale happening in India. I am truly amazed and astonished at this development.

Black Friday Sale happens in US after ThanksGiving Day. 20 years ago I had seen people queueing up for whole night in chilly cold near Best Buy, Staples and other famous stores to buy discounted items. Many a times I have heard people bought unnecessary stuff, just because they had put so much effort to be there and returning empty handed didn't seem like a wise move.

Now commercialization is making it happen in India, as if Diwali, Dussehra, Independence Day, Republic Day sales are not enough. God knows how many sales are happening and there is mindless consumption.

I wonder if it is happening in India or other major economies such as China, Korea etc. In any case I hope sense prevails.

No comments: