Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Book Review : Rich Dad's guide to investing

Author: Robert T. Kiyosaki

A few years back i had read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". It has been a very popular book. It talked what is the basic philosophical attitude difference does exist between a rich and successful man vs a common man who is dependent on job.

I got my hands on "Rich Dad's guide to investing" from the same author. So my curiosity picked up. I am now working in an organization and as per the previous book, i stand in the category of not so financially successful person. So i thought, lets learn how can i or some one in similar position like me can benefit from this book.

Although the start of the book seems very promising. Starting with the author who is just about to retire from military and has very little savings. Now the conversation with author and his rich dad begins as was in the previous book.

However the interest soon starts waning out when author keeps on repeating the same thing over and over which is what is the difference between his poor dad and his rich dad. Common man we get it.
Give me the good stuff. How do i take it to next level.

Some useful tips are provided. As one should be aware of tax laws, invest in business, don't gamble. But it is not something earth shattering new.

My rating is 2/5. You can skip it if you have read the first book.



 

No comments: