Sunday, December 22, 2019

Smart watch and not so smart person

Today morning, I went to the supermarket in my housing society to buy few household stuff. After purchasing, I saw that a security guard was there to verify the purchase with receipt. With my receipt in hand I was quickly done.

Behind me was a gentleman who had few items in his bag. On asking for receipt he fumbled in his belongings for several minutes. Apparently has lost it. No big deal. It happens. However what he did next caught my attention. He tried to convince security person that he has a receipt by showing digital copy of it on his smart watch. Poor security guard was transfixed. From his bewildered look, I guessed that he has never used it. He may be wondering why is this fellow trying to show time to him, when being asked for a receipt. 

With a smile on my face, I left that place thinking - "You can make devices smart, but what about people?"

No comments: