Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dell Problem continued...

This is in continuation with my story from here.
Now i have started noticing that whenever PC boots up Windows XP says that one of the disk may have some problem and it is trying to check disk. Then it reported that 2 of the segments had error. I looked it up on Internet and found that it is most likely because of hard drive failure. So now i had no other option left, but to prepare myself with a phone call to Dell. The first thing i did was to burn the data on a DVD, just in case if it fails completely. Today i had a call with Dell tech support. When i explained my problem to the person, he thought it best to refer to senior level support. After a wait time of about 10 minutes finally i got hold of the senior level person. I must admit he was a very genuine and helpful guy. He asked me to run hardware diagnosis program. He explained me what is happening in each step. It took about 15-20 minutes after the memory scan was complete, it came to an error screen saying that 2000-XXX error has happened while testing hard disk. Well that was expected. So i am going to get a replacement of hard disk. It is good thing that i got 1 year warranty on this machine. I will keep updated on it in my next post.

No comments: