Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My new dell laptop - bad and miserable.

Couple of months ago, i bought a new dell laptop. It is Inspiron 1500 series. I had bought last laptop from dell too. That was in 2004. It was also an Inspiron machine. I have been very happy with its performance. Even now it is serving all my purpose of checking emails. I do some programming on it too. For this laptop i never had to talk to dell technical support guys once. I was so happy with its performance that i recommended it to my younger brother and my brother in law in India.
Now coming back to my new laptop. With totally satisfied from my past experience, i bought this one with cool features. It has integrated bluetooth, in built webcam, 500 GB hard disk, 4 GB RAM, dual core machine. I have bought 1 year at home service warranty too. To make my wife happy i even paid little extra money to get it in red color. Boy lookwise it looks great. But that is where i stop praising it. Looks like Dell is going very easy on the performance testing of its machine.

In the past 3 months i had to call dell tech support many times. First time microphone stopped working. Second time somehow the place where we insert power supply became loose. If anyone had tried to convince the support guys that it is not your fault that it is not working, i totally feel their pain. And everytime they try to sell me the extended warranty. As if they have built the faulty machine for purpose, just to squeeze my money.
Now the machine freezes very frequently and both me and my wife are trying to regain our energy to talk to the tech support.
I am not going to recommend any one again about dell anymore.

No comments: